Your body works harder in the hotter temperatures so it’s important to pay attention to the heat and humidity increases and change things up a little.
Our muscles regulate heat by releasing sweat which helps our bodies cool off. When we sweat our bodies are losing essential fluids. By staying hydrated we help our bodies continue to cool off and avoid heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
Tips to Excercise Smart in the Heat:
- Acclimate (ease your body into being used of working out in the warmer temps)
- Stay hydrated (take extra breaks and drink more fluids to hydrate)
- Slow down your pace and take it a little easier
- Wear light breathable clothes and lighter colors
- Exercise earlier in the morning or later in the evening
I personally like to get out as early as I can for more reasons than just this but I’ll talk on that more another time. What are your tips/helpful advise?
HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE